Happy New Year! Boston’s real estate market remained very active during the holiday season, though I took time to reflect and re-charge. I am incredibly optimistic about what 2017 will bring to real estate buyers and sellers in Boston and to my real estate practice. I really love what I do; I am fortunate to be working with wonderful clients in the city’s vibrant neighborhoods, collaborating with a talented team of colleagues, and to be affiliated with Compass, a dynamic, innovative brokerage. Compass is continuously looking ahead, challenging the norm and striving to improve… to create a better, more intelligent real estate experience for our clients. 2016 was marked by several accomplishments for our firm:
- We celebrated our first year in the Boston market; moved into fantastic new office space on Newbury Street; successfully launched new markets in Aspen, San Francisco and Santa Barbara/Montecito; and expanded in our existing markets, opening offices in Chestnut Hill, Cambridge, Brentwood, Pasadena, Malibu, and Coconut Grove.
- With 10,600 transactions across the entire company, Compass helped someone move every 11 minutes in a 40-hour work week.
- Revenue skyrocketed to $178 million, representing a three times increase compared to 2015. We expect triple digit growth in 2017 as well.
- Sales volume grew to over $6.2 billion, representing a 208% increase compared to 2015.
- Our Product & Engineering team released a number of ground breaking technology tools and consumer apps, providing you with real-time stats on Boston’s condo market, up-to-the-minute property valuations and timely comparative analyses.
My fantastic clients have made my work even more rewarding. It’s a privilege to guide clients thought the emotional and financial facets of real estate decision, share data and insights on Boston’s dynamic market, and help buyers and sellers achieve their real estate goals. I’ve worked with first-time buyers, clients relocating to Boston to make our fabulous city their home, sellers relocating out of Boston, buyers transitioning from one neighborhood to another, and empty nesters who have downsized and moved to the city for the adventures and conveniences of an urban lifestyle. I’ve helped clients purchase new construction (even pre-construction) for the future, international buyers seeking an investment in Boston’s strong market, and buyers who have purchased condos in charming brownstones to full-service, luxury high-rises throughout all of Boston’s vibrant neighborhoods.
I care deeply about each and every client… and their unique real estate goals. When my clients are happy with their new home, when they have satisfactorily completed a sale that allows them to transition to the next phase of their lives, when they’re elated by ridding themselves of maintaining a large home and settled into a new space they love with fantastic restaurants, entertainment, culture, and even work within an easy walk, I am fulfilled.
Thank you so much for working with me… and for referring your family, friends and colleagues, too. I’m looking forward to another eventful, exciting year in Boston’s real estate market and to helping you make the best-informed real estate decisions that suit your unique lifestyle.
Cheers to you and to a great 2017!